May 24, 2024

The Insider News

Direct from the source

PRO3 releases artist sketch of Bulacan town police chief’s  killer

By Jun Talusan

THE artist sketch of the motorcycle-riding robber who shot to death the chief of the San Miguel Municipal Police Station in Bulacan on Saturday night was released yesterday by the Police Regional Office 3.

The suspect’s sketch was drawn by an artist from the Philippine National Police – Criminal Investigation and Detection Group based on the description given by a couple whom the suspects tried to rob in Bgy. San Juan, San Miguel, Bulacan at 9 p.m. last Saturday.

PNP chief Gen. Rodolfo S. Azurin Jr. vowed that justice will be served to the slain police chief and his family.

Azurin also ordered the immediate release of all PNP benefits due the fallen officer.

He said  San Miguel Police Station chief Lt. Col. Marlon G. Serna will be given a hero’s burial. 

  A total of P1.2 million has been offered for any information that will lead to the capture of the suspects.

 PNP spokesperson Col. Jean Fajardo said that the suspect was hacked and wounded by the husband of a “sari-sari store” owner from Bgy. San Juan whom they tried to rob.

“The PRO3 already has leads regarding the suspect and his cohorts. PRO3 director  Brig. Gen. Hidalgo has ordered the entire Central Luzon police force to join hands in tracking down these cop killers,” Fajardo said.

The two motorbike-riding suspects tried to rob the store owner in Bgy. San Juan but the latter’s husband bravely fought the man with the gun. The two scuffled for the possession of the gun until the store owner’s husband managed to hack the suspect in the head, prompting the gunman to fire a shot, hitting the woman on the leg.

The suspects escaped while the husband of the store owner rushed to the San Miguel Police Station to report the foiled robbery, prompting officers led by Serna to launch a massive hot pursuit operation.

Serna used his own vehicle in chasing the suspects. Two policemen were with the official while three others joined them on board their marked vehicle.

The official and his men later encountered the suspect in Bgy. Buhol na Mangga in San Ildefonso municipality, where Serna was shot in the head and died in a nearby hospital.