June 18, 2024

The Insider News

Direct from the source

Criminal charges filed vs killer of Mindoro broadcaster

By Jun Talusan

POLICE filed criminal charges against the man who shot dead 50-year-old radio broadcaster Cresenciano Bundoquin in Calapan City, Oriental Mindoro last week.

Police Regional Office 4-B director Brig. Gen.  Joel B. Doria said that the Special Investigation Task Group Bundoquin on Monday filed the case against the second suspect before the Office of the Prosecutor of Calapan City.

“The SITG has completed its initial findings by referring appropriate criminal complaints against the second suspect,” said Doria.

Bundoquin,  a commentator of DWXR 101.7 Kalahi FM MUX Online Radio, was gunned down in front of his store in Bgy. Sta. Isabel in Calapan City  around 4:20 a.m. on May 31.

A P150,000 bounty earlier was raised by the Philippine National Police for any information that would lead to the capture of the gunman, whose name was withheld.