THE Philippine National Police has raised A P150,000 reward for any information that would lead to the capture of the killer of Oriental Mindoro radioman Cresenciano Bunduquin.
Bunduquin was killed in Calapan City in Oriental Mindoro on Wednesday last week.
PNP chief Gen. Benjamin C. Acorda said the Police Regional Office 4-B and the Special Investigation Task Group Bunduquin have already identified the gunman.
“Identified na ang second suspect and we will be giving specifics once the case is filed. However, I have been assured by PRO4-B director Brig. Gen. Joel Doria that they have a solid and strong case against the suspect,” Acorda told a press conference at Camp Crame.
The country’s top cop refused to give more details so as not to jeopardize the ongoing operation to get the suspect.
PRO4-B operatives have pressed their hunt for the escaped killer of Bunduquin with all exit points already sealed to prevent the gunman from leaving the province.
Members of the Special Investigation Task Group Bunduquin have been working round-the-clock to catch the killer whose accomplice died when their getaway motorcycle figured in a vehicular crash while trying to escape the crime scene.
The two suspects escaped after shooting Bunduquin around 4:20 a.m. last Wednesday on C-5 Road in Bgy. Sta. Isabel in Calapan City.
However, the driver of the motorcycle, Narciso Guntan, died when their motorbike crashed into another vehicle in their haste to escape pursuing policemen.